Sunday 20 July 2014

SHY'14

In the blink of an eye, this is the 3rd SHY I have went for. It seemed like it was just yesterday when I donned in a white tee shirt and walking up the stairs to MPSH, greeted by groups of strangers who gradually turned into important puzzles forming part of my life. Now, it is already the 2nd batch of freshies that I am welcoming to Sheares Hall. Not a councillor, not a block commer. This time, it was on a voluntary basis and I was really glad I went for SHY.

It was horribly awkward at the start, with me retreating to a corner not knowing who to talk to. All the freshies were playing games and those close to me had already moved to other halls. I really felt like just leaving the place as there was just no one whom I can talk to. Luckily, some familiar faces approached me and eased my awkwardness. If not for them I bet I'd be on the MRT home half an hour after I reached SHY. I guess this is another new chapter of my book. I had to deal with all these awkwardness, getting used to being alone and making new friends again. All new freshies in my short wing, no more familiar year 3 seniors around to talk about what happened during our years, some people distancing away for I dont know what reasons. Sad it may be, but I know I have to learn to deal with it. Thankfully, from the interactions I had with the freshies, they seem like a bunch of nice people who are patient and fun to talk to, so I guess my assimilation process will be eased:) Hopefully I am able to deal with this huge change in social environment and that my final year in Sheares Hall will be a happy one:)

The new blk d family

Sad truth of life
credits: http://quotes-lover.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/You-have-to-realize-that-people-change.-Sometimes-they-end-up-having-nothing-to-say-to-each-other-even-best-friends-grow-apart-250x250.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment