Friday 4 July 2014

Indeed, $50 per lesson is not alot of money. But as the saying goes, "do more of what makes you happy". Strangely, I derive great pleasure and satisfaction from planning lessons and designing activities for my tuition sessions:) Despite being greatly discouraged by my poor teaching and how students fail to comprehend concepts, rendering my teaching useless at times, I shall persevere in designing my lessons. Hopefully my efforts will be recognized by the students as reflected in their grades.

At times, I really feel that I am a useless teacher who can't teach concepts properly. This makes me very demoralized and unwilling to plan for any more lessons and want to just shut out the route to teaching career. But the thing is, there are only two choices in life. Either do something that you like or something that you are good at. I can't find anything that I am good at. If I shut off my option which I am passionate about, what am I left with?

No comments:

Post a Comment