Friday 16 May 2014

TGIF

Even though during school holidays which calendar day of the week doesn't matter, I'm still glad how well I managed to spend my Friday:)

Went to Five and Dime with Nigel today! It was a really nice place that was a standalone along the road. Because of its simple white building with black words, it stood out among the shophouses. The interior was quite nicely decorated with blackboards and menu written on them (seems like it's the norm nowadays, even EWF also uses this deco method:P)

Ordered the Big Brekkie ($22) and Eggs Benny ($16). The Eggs Benny comes along with roasted potatoes and fruit salad. The roasted potatoes were nice with a slightly salty crust, that comes as a healthier and newer alternative to typical fries or wedges, think it's the best item in the entire plate:P The eggs benny were abit disappointing though as it was slightly overcooked on the sides. The taste of thyme/basil or whatever herb (:P) was too overwhelming too, hence making the hollandaise sauce pale in comparison to other places'. But I'm really glad the awesome company I had made up for it. It was really great being able to talk at lengths about absolutely everything and anything under the sun. Life is a funny thing, how people get to know each other through random events. If not for his random passing remark made during Chingay which he subsequently apologised for because of his ignorance, we became good friends and started talking thereafter. I'm thankful for what fate and affinity has done, inserting all these awesome people into my life and making every page of my life a fun-filled and happy one:)


Really felt sorry for having to rush off for my Sony interview>.< Following which was my chill-day with my lovely parents <3 Fruitful shopping trip as all of us managed to buy something at Bugis, especially my dad who hates shopping but surprisingly he suggested this Bugis shopping trip as he wanted to fill his wardrobe:) Supper at Wo Ai Tai Mei, their all time favorite which left me feeling sinful but delighted because of quality time spent with my precious family, doing our favorite activity and eating our favorite food:)

Simple it may seem, but it's all these random small chilling sessions that I treasure deeply. These few hours of time may not seem alot, but believe me, the happiness brought to the people is etched deeply in the hearts. I know my parents will share how they spent their Friday (shopping in Bugis, eating the Taiwan food) with their colleagues and friends proudly and I am proud to say that I'm part of the memory:)

Every long journey starts with a small step

No comments:

Post a Comment