Monday 12 May 2014

Department of Caffeine

Finally got to try DOC with my beloved cafe hoppers, Novi and Cynthia:)

Maybe because we're noobs in directions, so we had a hard time trying to figure out the directions to the place. The layout of the place was quite unexpected. It had little decorations and the seats were quite cramped together. Because of the close proximity between seats, it wasn't a particularly nice ambience as it can get quite noisy at times. Perfect place for chilling with friends, but not so for some alone time.

We ordered the Shepherd's Pie ($15.50), Chicken Fillet Burger ($15), Smoked Salmon Scrambled Toast ($16) and Waffles with Rum Banana ($14) for dessert. The Shepherd's Pie is not the ordinary kind of pie you would expect. It comes in a glass bowl, with unbaked mashed potato sitting atop a thick layer of what tasted like rendang. However looks are deceiving as it was really hearty. I did not hear much comments about the burger, but it looked and tasted normal though. The scrambled toast was awesome as the scrambled eggs were slightly runny and moist and the smoked salmon added a touch of salt to the dish. However the choice of bread was not to my liking as I found it a tad too tough and too thin.


 The highlight of the day: Buttermilk Waffles with Rum Banana. It was really one of the best waffles I've ever eaten. The waffles were thick and fluffy, and had a tint of cinnamon flavor in every bite. The ice cream drenched with maple syrup complemented the waffles perfectly as its sweetness was not too overwhelming, with a touch of maple. Crunchy bits were added to provide a new dimension to the taste. However I found nothing special about the bananas. No rum tasted. Overall it was a sweet happy ending to the meal:)


Mandatory shot with the signboard. One more cafe checked off the list:) Looking forward to exploring more cafes:) Really amazed at how we manage to bond together and talk about anything and everything. I'm really grateful to have these 2 sweet girls in my life, listening to all my rantings and incessant complaints. And of course being trustworthy friends whom I know I can rely on to share my deepest thoughts, troubles and secrets with. Cheers to more cafe hopping adventures ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment