Friday 9 May 2014

A Fun Night to Take Away All the Troubles

It is funny how some people manage to stay in your life despite parting in different ways. Like what I always said, people who want to keep a friendship will put in the effort willingly. I'm really glad this bunch of nonsensical bunch of peeps are still so awesome and has stayed in my life since I entered university.

Dinner at Chinatown tzechar was not bad, given that my cravings for frog-leg had been fulfilled and to avoid being chased away by the boss we decided to head towards Liang Court for dessert after much contemplation and decisions.

We finally settled on Dulcet and Studio cafe in Liang Court as it is open till late (11pm). The decoration was simple with just a small vase of flowers on the table, perfect for instagramming food :D There was also a wide array of cakes in the display glass at the counter. They sell mostly chiffon cakes layered with fresh cream. There were earl grey chiffon, double cheese chiffon, matcha shortcake, chocolate marble chiffon, maple chiffon (new arrival) as well as some puddings.

Our choices for the night: maple chiffon, matcha shortcake, caramel pudding.

The maple chiffon ($7) was the best choice out of all 3 from my point of view. With a tinge of maple flavor coupled with the slight sweetness engulfed in each and every airy bite, it was not too overwhelming. Its light nature makes it perfect as an after-meal dessert which is not sick even after finishing an entire cake:) The matcha shortcake ($6.50) is also a good choice, with a hint of matcha that is not too overwhelming. Its cream is not too light too, hence giving the soft airy cake a different dimension. My friends complained the pudding was a tad too sweet but in my opinion it was not that sweet. The pudding was less "melt in the mouth" than royal pudding of Paris Baguette which I thought was good as it allowed me to taste the taste of pudding fully.

Credits: Tavin Tnia (reinstagram) for this lovely shot of Matcha Shortcake


Given that it was a cozy environment suitable for chilling and hanging out with friends, we had a great time htht-ing and just laughing at our idiotic nonsensical selves. I really love how you can laugh so much that tears rolled out of your eyes and your abs hurt (if you have abs). I really love this group of people whom I can just talk freely to, be as crazy as we want and just playing along with whatever jokes that come in the way. I know this is one group of people whom I wanna keep close to and never wanna lose them:)

It is all these small moments that matter in life. For one day you'll look back and realise they're big things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment