Tuesday 17 June 2014

Relief Tutoring

1st day of hectic lifestyle: Internship in the daytime, tutoring at tuition centre at night time.

Thankfully, my internship is quite chill and has relatively flexible working hours, so I am able to rush back in time for tuition. There is supposed to be a company cohesion event where we go to the boss' house and he cooks for us. But because of this tutoring assignment which I signed up for a couple of weeks back, I have no choice but to forgo the seemingly fun event. I was really half-hearted when I went for tuition as I kept imagining how fun it would be if I were at the event instead, talking crap and playing crazily with my fellow bunch of interns.

Guess what? I was wrong. Cohesion does look fun, but I had a great time with the kids too! Despite being rowdy in nature and me being inefficient (I only cleared 2 pages of worksheet in 2 hours), I really enjoyed my time with them. Time flew when I was in the classroom. I have to admit I am not a good tutor as I dont force students to do work and I talk alot of random stuffs in class. But the thing is I don't like to force people to do things. As such I adopt a chill approach when teaching. This sort of creates a dilemma where I enjoy interacting with the children, yet I fear I am not helping them in their education path. I am able to talk to them at lengths but I encounter difficulties communicating concepts to them. I enjoy talking to them but I am not fulfilling my mission. Should I really continue considering this career path then?

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Indeed, what you love doing and what you're good at may not be the same thing.
What is lucrative may not be where your passion lies in.
Sad 2-sided stories of life.
What should I choose then?


Credits: http://mylovelyquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tumblr_md340jZkTB1r5meqxo1_1280.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment